Thursday 16 April 2009

Visiting Auckland - Part 4




My brother Nick lives and breathes surfing so on Easter Friday we hired a car and drove from Auckland down to Raglan which is world renowned for it's consistent left hand surf breaks. It was actually a sight for sore eyes as it was a freezing day in Raglan and my brother entered the water with no wetsuit {he had forgotten to bring one with him} - the only surfer in the water without one on! Onlookers couldn't believe he was going in. He caught a few waves and exited the water saying that it was the coldest he had ever felt but thrilled that he had surfed Raglan!




Raglan itself is quite a sleepy town but so pretty and remote. I think I could get lost in a place like this!

12 comments:

Yoli said...

What a beautiful dream land.

Val said...

What a fabulous holiday!! Great pics as well.

Unknown said...

Oh, sigh...nothing more: beautiful...

Beth Dunn said...

Looks beautiful! xoxo

Vanya Wilkinson said...

So glad you're enjoying my home country. If you get a chance, if your still there, jump on the ferry from down town over to Devonport on the north shore. its divine, gorgeous shops, amazing houses, a lovely beach at Cheltenham which is about 20mins walk from Devonport, on the way you can visit north head which is incredible. Its a large hill over looking the mouth of the harbour, it was used as a look out and gunnery for both wars, you can walk around the head and then go into the tunnels, fascinating plus great views! Enjoy

Lynn McGinnis said...

You are very far away from where I live, :( Darn, this place you speak of is AMAZING! I would love to go there. Your blog and talent is also amazing , thank you so much for sharing.

Suzy said...

Just gorgeous! I can't wait to visit one day.

Sharnel said...

Nice eye candy Anna!

J.Covington said...

Love those waves! Your brother's got gator skin. Added you to my favorite blog list...you've got great style.

Sweetpaintedlady said...

I agree, I frequently head out to Ragland on the weekend for brunch and a walk ( I live in Hamilton) - lovely and peaceful

kadler said...

Haha, sounds like something my little brother would do. :)

Sharon said...

My 17 year old son is exactly like that! he surfs in Santa Cruz, California and we have to make him put on his wet suit even when its 50 degrees. SO glad you had a nice time. Great shots of your brother too, i know that must have taken patience!!